When it comes to fat loss, there are essentially two ways to tackle the problem. One is diet and the other is exercise. Ideally, you want to have a healthy diet as well as a good exercise routine in your life. This article will concentrate on diets. More importantly, it will provide you with a list of fat burning foods that will accelerate your fat loss goals.
These fat burning foods are very important because they make you lose fat and not “weight”. Weight loss and fat loss are two very different things and you should be careful about weight loss where you don’t lose a lot of fat. Anyways, coming back to foods that burn fat, here are the most popular foods that will serve that purpose.
- Eggs – This great breakfast food is also one of the best fat burning foods out there. Eggs have the capability to emulsify fat which will then be easier to break down and used up as energy by the body.
- Seafood – Any type of sea food will probably make the list of fat burning foods. They burn fat by reducing the levels of a hormone called Leptin which has been linked to a very slow metabolism rate in the body.
- Garlic – In addition to being one of the fat burning foods, garlic can also be a great way to bring some zest into your diet. It works by keeping insulin levels low and by boosting the metabolism rate. It might give you a bad breath but a quick mouth wash will definitely make this food ingredient worth adding to your every day diet.
- Ginger – Medical studies about how to burn fat have included ginger as one of the fat burning foods as it can widen the blood vessels in the body and thereby increase metabolism. It can also add great flavor to your food.
- Green tea – Medical studies have categorized green tea as fat burning foods because they have the capability to increase metabolism rates by as much as 30% for some people. Green tea is also a very desirable item because it has several antioxidant properties in addition to being able to burn fat.
- Spices – Spicy food in general can put your metabolism in overdrive, at least temporarily. For this reason, any spice is generally considered as fat burning foods although its effectiveness will also depend on the overall quality of the dish in which it is included. If spices are included in a deep fried dish for example, most of their good effects will be offset with the heavy use of oil. However, steamed dishes with spices will be a great way to use the fat burning effect of spices.
- Olive oil – Olive oil is actually a fat in itself although it will help fight against bad cholesterol levels in the body. For this reason, they are often recommended as fat burning foods in a diet. If you use any other oil as your primary cooking oil, you will be well advised to switch to olive oil if you can afford it.
- Water – Water is not one of those foods that can be technically classified as fat burning foods although it can have an indirect effect in you losing weight. Sometimes, it is possible for the body to feel very hungry when it is actually just dehydrated. However, things will seem OK when some water is consumed as it will often make the hunger pang go away for good.
- Low Fat Dairy products – This is another category of fat burning foods that is widely misunderstood. Foods like milk, cheese and yogurt have the capability to break down fat cells in the body which can be then used up by the body’s metabolism. Some research studies have showed that cheese and yogurt actually act as better fat burning foods than milk for some reason.
- Cardamom – This is actually an herb although some books and magazines will classify it as one of the fat burning foods. It will increase metabolism and thereby help a person reduce fat.
- Fish oil – Fish oil which is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids will increase the fat burning capabilities of the body in addition to offering additional health benefits such as treatment for a heart condition, as treatment for low immunity and even as a treatment for arthritis.
- Honey – Honey is definitely something that you should include in your list of foods that burn fat as it can help you avoid sugar in your diet. Try to substitute sugar with honey which has its own unique sweet flavor. Honey will mobilize the fat deposits in your body and thereby increase the chances of fat being used up in the body’s metabolic process.
- Nuts – Nuts can be categorized as fat burning foods because they put out good cholesterol in the body. This good cholesterol will help fight against the bad cholesterol and thus have an incremental effect on your fat burning goals.
- Soybean – There is good reason for the craze behind soy based products. They are definitely worth mentioning as fat burning foods as they contain a chemical called lecithin which will help the body accumulate less fat and also help in breaking down the existing fat deposits in the body and hence burn the body fat.
- Apples – These simple fruits are great foods that burn fat that are very rich in fiber. They do not have any starch or fat in them and contain less than 15 grams of carbohydrates in them. An apple a day will keep the doctor away and also help you lose some inches off your waist. Have them as substitutes for other unhealthy snacks that you might be consuming. Apples contain a chemical called pectin which will reduce the amount of fat absorption in the body.
- Bananas – This is probably the most misunderstood of fat burning foods. Many people think that they actually increase body fat. They are high in carbohydrates but low in fat and sugars. They can be great to fight fat as long as you use them as meal or snack replacements and not as additions to meals.
- Tomatoes – When eaten raw, tomatoes have great fat burning properties. In addition to that, they also help fight against cancer. They can be added as a garnish to almost any dish and are thus a very easy way to add fat burning foods in your daily diet. You must however avoid fried tomatoes as they have some toxic properties.
- Best Way How To Burn Belly Fat Fast. Discover simple and most effective ways how to burn belly fat easily and fast.
- Is Tom Venuto´s Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle Program Scam? Find Out In This Review
- Fat Burning Furnace Review: Is Rob Poulos Fat Burning Furnace Diet a Scam or Not?